Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Back to the Tropicals

My second day at home in Bangkok, Thailand. Summer 2010.

the first thing that came into mind once i step out of the plane on the Taipei for the transit was: "welcome back to the tropicals!" Hot air rushed pass my body and I can feel the warmth of the wind. I have completely forgot what it was like to .. live at home. I found this rather sad, but I think it is so true. The last time I actually stayed home for at least a month was Summer 2008. Two years later, I almost forgot how it was.. well it is like. Both weather and my family.

Yesterday, my first day at home, I was welcomed by my parents. They picked me up at the airport, and we then headed back home. Unlike all the other times, I've come home from Seattle. I was rushed to see many grandma at her house. It turns out that she wasn't even at home. She was at my cousin's place. Probably trying to get away from all the construction that has been going on around her area.

Oh well, I did then have lunch with my grandpa. How nice it is to be back home. I really do love my grandpa. He has always been a constant figure in my life. Always appreciated my presence. Always give me this warm warm smile and tell me the stories that I have heard many time before. Hopefully he feels the same way as I do. One of my goals to do back home this time is to cherish the moments like this. I know how much this can be missed.. remembering the last time I was home.

Ah. My laptop is heating up along with the weather. Like me, I think my laptop has gotten used to being in a relatively cooler, yet crazy in Seattle. Hmm.. ah! There's a box of laptop cooling pad. Let me check it out.. it might prevent my thighs from burning up.

and... it does help! hmmmm :)

Then after lunch, we just hung out at our new condo. Near my new internship place. Convenient doesn't it? Thanks to my dad! I figured that this could be a little shed of absence of his overprotectiveness. I think it is. But I'll let you know what is really the deal with letting me live here. Well, with my brother. And, sometimes my parents will pop up out of nowhere to spend the night! This summer will be hilarious. Not that I've something crazy planned, but it will be funny anyway...

Anyway, so now I am at home. Alone. Ah, the weekdays where I don't have anything to worry about just yet. I actually need to go shopping.. but no car at this point. This totally reminds me about my Epidemiology class this past quarter. Hmm.. such bad grade, but you know what? I'm content with this quarter! I know I've learned something. Isn't that good enough? Isn't it? :( I don't know.. I'm not in the dean's list this quarter, but next time! I will! Fall quarter 2010!!!

Sorry, my nerdiness took over for just a second over there. But yea, I'm officially bored. It's burning up since it's around 11 now.. near noon! I actually have a lot of readings to do. Just trying to figure out where would be the best place to do this. I do want to lay in the sun. Tanning. Hmmmm. That sounds like a good idea. But it's too.... hot. I'm just going to roll around on the granid floor, hoping to cool myself off while reading mountains beyond mountains. :)

Sounds like a good plan for now! I'm off to do that then!


Will be updating this more often this summer! Hurray!

No comments:

Post a Comment