Thursday, July 7, 2011

goodbyes

dear friends,

I want to dedicate this blog post to saying goodbye. earlier today I found out that my grandmother from my mom's side passed away... She was in Thailand, and I can't exactly do much since I am here in Seattle. I have always thought about this moments. What if I lost someone in my family when I am here in Seattle, what exactly do I do? I have always imagined the moments since I was here four years ago. Now that it happens.. I have no idea how to react. I don't know what to respond.

my brother called to inform me about this. it's not like it is sudden and unexpected. when my parents came over to Seattle for graduation. They have discussed the situation with me, that I should prepare myself of this loss. So I did. but then what? I'm stuck here. it's not like i don't want to go back or anything, but i can't leave the country until I got a job offer (yes, life as an international student is kinda... tormented). but here's what I think. My grandmother was almost a hundred years old when she passed away. I say that is a long time, and that she had lived her life, had 9 children and had tons of grandchildren and great grandchildren. I say that is indeed a full life.

Well, I want to dedicate this picture to my grandma. I'll miss you, and rest in peace.

Forth of July, overlooking Gas Works Park, Seattle, WA

Sincerely,
Emily Alexandreta

No comments:

Post a Comment