Saturday, November 3, 2012

Another day in Hong Kong

Dear friends,

Today is indeed another day in Hong Kong. A laugh-out-loud "epic fail" day. So let me tell you my story...

This week my mind has been occupied with two main things: (1) the fact that I am sick, and (2) making a home-made pop-up birthday/congratulations card (thanks, mini-eco for the inspiration!) f for one of my best girl in Seattle. As I have already failed to find an appropriate birthday gift that can be shipped internationally, this card better happen.

So Friday night art supplies hunt started (I actually need cutting mat and x-acto knife). I figured.. I took off the night from my Hockey class as I am not fully recovered.. I should take this time to go find the supplies that I need i.e. cutting mat and a actually cutter. So.. I thought I saw a good one while hunting for birthday gift two nights before, so I went back to the store in Sha Tin.. I did not find the ones that I have imagined. So I went to the same store in another district (2 stations away in Kowlong Tong). I did not find it there neither. But I did not give up because.. I figured I'm already out, I should use my time wisely.. So this is where my epic fail moment started.

I never know finding the most simple stuff can be this difficult until I moved to Hong Kong. So I went to the nearby bookstore knowing I would find it... And there's none there. I am still optimistic, so I remember googling "art supplies Hong Kong" and I came up with a good store in Mong kok. Since I am already out, I figured my journey should continue (so I can spend tmr working on this card). So I kept going.

Another station away.. I was certain that I was going to find it as I have only find good reviews! I was very certain. AND..... after walking blocks and blocks looking for the stores. I found a whole lot of them!!! They are all in the same block!! BUT... (yes, "BUT") most importantly.. they are all CLOSED as well.

"dim dim dim" indeed.

Well, I actually remain positive. I got something that I've been meaning to buy on a random store while on a hunt for art supplies. And now that I know where it is.. I could always go back anytime (aka tmr as her birthday is coming up soon). So tmr I will be back again. Until then!

So I went home, disappointed but it really was not too bad. So back at my home station I was thinking.. "hmmm what am I going to cook when I get back home?" Walking out of the train station, that is when I saw it... This girl carrying a huge canvas (one of those you can only buy at art supplies store) and a canvas stand.. (again, one of those you can buy at art supplies store).

"dim dim dim" x2 indeed.

And... that is the story of my "Epic Fail" today.
I laughed very hard when I saw the girl.
I know there should be an art supplies store nearby I just... I am just a foreigner who does not know her way!!! :p

credited to Postsecret
To live up to the postcard, three things I've planned to do this weekend:
  • Update my Flickr account and upload some of my latest photos.
  • Made the homemade popup card, AND while on another art supplies hunt in Mong Kok, go on an exploration photoshoot with my macro lens! 
  • Think about my living situation next year... Keep telling myself, "Find or roommate or get a new apt, you don't want to be homeless."
I think I've written enough for the night. I'll upload some of my exploration photoshoot tmr.

Peace!!
-Emily


P.S. here's another one of my favorites on Post Secret this week.
I hope so too..

No comments:

Post a Comment